It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Nissan Frontier insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Detroit.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for additional ideas to prevent high rates and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Frontier insurance. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average auto insurance premium being $6,260, Michigan drivers could cut their rates by 65% a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates online.
Finding low cost Nissan Frontier car insurance quotes is surprisingly easy. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Michigan. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Detroit, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Detroit insurance discounts for a Nissan Frontier
Some providers don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Detroit car insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy over the internet.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Frontier can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Frontier yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Michigan state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Detroit, click here to view.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage table shown below highlights estimates of coverage costs for Nissan Frontier models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance prices are determined can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$340||$724||$976||$58||$292||$2,390||$199|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$400||$724||$976||$58||$292||$2,450||$204|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$400||$882||$976||$58||$292||$2,608||$217|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$458||$882||$976||$58||$292||$2,666||$222|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$458||$882||$976||$58||$292||$2,666||$222|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$458||$724||$780||$46||$234||$2,242||$187|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$458||$1038||$976||$58||$292||$2,822||$235|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$458||$1038||$976||$58||$292||$2,822||$235|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$458||$882||$780||$46||$234||$2,400||$200|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$518||$882||$780||$46||$234||$2,460||$205|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$518||$882||$780||$46||$234||$2,460||$205|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$518||$882||$780||$46||$234||$2,460||$205|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$518||$882||$780||$46||$234||$2,460||$205|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage rates greatly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Frontier car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Frontier replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Detroit.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Detroit who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Detroit
When searching for a good Detroit insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents in Detroit can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Detroit that may be able to give price quote information.
- Kim-One Insurance Agency
11000 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 397-4198 – View Map
- Detroit Insurance and Services
7752 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 843-2730 – View Map
- Clark Insurance Agency
2711 E Jefferson Ave #206 – Detroit, MI 48207 – (313) 259-6600 – View Map
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Detroit willing to provide rate quotes.
- Charlotte Knight – State Farm Insurance Agent
7100 W Seven Mile Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 340-9000 – View Map
- Angela Hughes – State Farm Insurance Agent
14511 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48235 – (313) 862-7800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shauna Johnson
18711 Grand River Ave – Detroit, MI 48223 – (313) 272-2020 – View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long has their agency been in business in Detroit?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Smart Consumers Save More
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Discounts for married drivers – Having a significant other may cut your premiums when buying car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Better premiums for no policy lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Michigan motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the miles on your Nissan every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Frontier may be costing you.
- Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles you choose tell how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Frontier – Insurers factor in historical loss data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Frontier Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Nissan Frontier and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Frontier in Detroit, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Nissan Frontier insurance in Detroit is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Detroit agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare Nissan Frontier insurance premium rates in Detroit. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Detroit Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Detroit Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much Does Car Insurance Go Up After a Speeding Ticket? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)