Searching for lower-priced car insurance rates in Detroit, MI? Detroit drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Chevy Bolt insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Chevy and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Detroit agents.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes at least once a year since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in Detroit a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to quote online to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Detroit is much easier if you know where to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. Smart buyers just need to learn the best way to shop for insurance from many companies at once.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Michigan. To get cheap auto insurance in Detroit, MI, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheap Chevy Bolt insurance in Detroit with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study driving manner by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Chevrolet Bolt insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
- 21st Century has discounts for teen driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, driver training, and early bird.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you are trying to find cheaper Detroit auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Michigan, click here.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Bolt insurance, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Michigan overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Detroit who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Detroit, get answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Detroit are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Detroit who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Kenya Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
20021 Kelly Rd – Detroit, MI 48225 – (313) 822-5948 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ago Benavides
3570 W Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48216 – (313) 849-2000 – View Map
- State Farm – Eric Huffman
3031 W Grand Blvd #568 – Detroit, MI 48202 – (313) 875-3172 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Detroit independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Diebold Detroit Insurance Agency
1420 Broadway St #101 – Detroit, MI 48226 – (313) 964-3750 – View Map
- Advasure Insurance
13600 W 8 Mile Rd C – Detroit, MI 48205 – (313) 521-0300 – View Map
- Cosby Insurance Agy and Financial Services
10140 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 864-3285 – View Map