Would you like to find lower-priced Kia Sorento insurance in Detroit? Did you come to the realization that you have an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because many Detroit drivers have buyer’s remorse.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Consumers in America could save as much as 47% every year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Detroit
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Detroit.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Sorento insurance in Detroit. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Sorento insurance in Detroit is to know most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information including what your job is, daily mileage, the year, make and model of vehicles, and your credit rating estimate. Your insurance information gets transmitted to multiple insurance providers and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check Kia Sorento insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Michigan. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Detroit, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable rates with these six discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total Sorento insurance premium.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will cut your car insurance premiums.
Insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts are:
When getting free Detroit car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Detroit, click this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Detroit.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to companies in Detroit who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Best auto insurance agent in Detroit
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Detroit are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Detroit that can give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Detroit exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Tony Massey – State Farm Insurance Agent
15 E Kirby St #112 – Detroit, MI 48202 – (313) 873-3334 – View Map
Jim Saucedo – State Farm Insurance Agent
5602 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 841-8100 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How are claims handled?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia Sorento with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Kia Sorento but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 20/40/10 that means you have a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, legal defense fees, structural damage, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Michigan requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as funeral costs, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Sorento resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Sorento to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Michigan drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (20/40/10 in Michigan), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance savings summarized
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Kia Sorento insurance in Detroit. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Detroit car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper Kia Sorento insurance in Detroit is possible from both online companies in addition to many Detroit insurance agents, so get free Detroit car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
How to buy affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Detroit
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on Kia Sorento insurance in Detroit is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Michigan. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Detroit, MI? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)