The preferred way to find more affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in Detroit is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Michigan. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives tips to help find cheaper rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers could pocket up to $860 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
To get cheaper Detroit car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Michigan. The simplest method to find the lowest rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Not every company does Detroit Continental insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Detroit, MI. To find the cheapest car insurance in Detroit, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lincoln Continental insurance discounts in Detroit
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Detroit car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Detroit car insurance depending on your company.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers could receive better insurance rates.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on their website.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Continental may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Detroit. To view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Detroit, click here.
Smart Buyers Know How to Get Insurance for Less
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lincoln Continental by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – Liability coverage will afford coverage if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Better prices with anti-theft devices – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Location can affect price – Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- High policy claims frequency drives up premiums – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Michigan generally give discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Michigan?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Detroit?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Different types of Detroit auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Detroit may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Detroit that are able to give price quote information.
- Charlotte Knight – State Farm Insurance Agent
7100 W Seven Mile Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 340-9000 – View Map
- John Cash – State Farm Insurance Agent
19203 Grand River Ave – Detroit, MI 48223 – (313) 537-1200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ago Benavides
3570 W Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48216 – (313) 849-2000 – View Map
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to compare prices from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Detroit independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Look! Insurance
11324 W Jefferson Ave # 1 – River Rouge, MI 48218 – (888) 566-5467 – View Map
- Detroit Insurance and Services
7752 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 843-2730 – View Map
- Michigan SR22 Insurance – Select Insurance Group
Atwater St – Detroit, MI 48226 – (877) 949-7873 – View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lincoln Continental?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Lincoln Continental insurance in Detroit. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Detroit car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-conscious Lincoln Continental insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many Detroit insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Detroit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Detroit? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Detroit, Michigan? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)