If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount Ford F-350 insurance in Detroit is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Michigan. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved on average $70 a month compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare insurance can save time and money.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Detroit is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although Michigan car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Lower annual miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your F-350 may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
More performance means more cost – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following chart uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Ford F-350 policy rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
You might get higher prices if you are single – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when buying insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Job stress can make you pay more – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like doctors, social workers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as scientists, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Avoid traffic tickets – Just one citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless citations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents can influence Ford F-350 insurance premiums for each different age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford F-350 insurance loss probability – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-350 4WD||78||54|
|Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD||66||90||98|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD||108||232|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD||96||134||179||47||44||90|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare free Detroit Ford F-350 insurance rate quotes
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford F-350 insurance in Detroit is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted. Being able to quote online for Ford F-350 insurance in Detroit makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the cheapest price.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will get a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Michigan. To locate cheap car insurance in Detroit, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The information displayed below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Ford F-350 models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are formulated can aid in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$584||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,056||$255|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$584||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,056||$255|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$650||$882||$704||$42||$210||$2,488||$207|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$650||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,122||$260|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$650||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,644||$220|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$650||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,644||$220|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$650||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,122||$260|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$650||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,122||$260|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$650||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,122||$260|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$650||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,122||$260|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$650||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,122||$260|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$650||$1038||$1056||$62||$316||$3,122||$260|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$650||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,644||$220|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$650||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,644||$220|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$650||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,644||$220|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$650||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,280||$273|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$650||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,280||$273|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$650||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,280||$273|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$650||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,280||$273|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$650||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,280||$273|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$650||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,280||$273|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$650||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,280||$273|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$718||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,712||$226|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,712||$226|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$718||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,712||$226|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$718||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,712||$226|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$718||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,712||$226|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$718||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,712||$226|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1038||$704||$42||$210||$2,712||$226|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$718||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,348||$279|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$718||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,348||$279|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$718||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,348||$279|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$718||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,348||$279|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1196||$704||$42||$210||$2,870||$239|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1196||$704||$42||$210||$2,870||$239|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1196||$704||$42||$210||$2,870||$239|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1196||$704||$42||$210||$2,870||$239|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1196||$704||$42||$210||$2,870||$239|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$718||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,348||$279|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$718||$1196||$1056||$62||$316||$3,348||$279|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1196||$704||$42||$210||$2,870||$239|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$718||$1196||$704||$42||$210||$2,870||$239|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Detroit which can revise premiums noticeably.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford F-350 in Detroit, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Ford F-350 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Michigan overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current F-350 insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Detroit car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below compares Ford F-350 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Michigan state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, homeowner, youthful driver, teen driver, and switch companies.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, seat belt use, military active duty, emergency military deployment, good student, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for group or association, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, air bags, and company car.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- USAA includes discounts for driver training, new vehicle, military installation, loyalty savings, family discount, and safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Savings might not apply everywhere.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Detroit who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long has their agency been open in Detroit?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Detroit are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Detroit who can help you get price quotes.
Jim Saucedo – State Farm Insurance Agent
5602 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 841-8100 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents for the best price selection.
Below are independent agents in Detroit that can give you comparison quotes.
You can find affordable coverage
Low-cost Ford F-350 insurance in Detroit can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Detroit, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Detroit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teachers in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Detroit Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)