The easiest way to get cheaper Mercury Mariner insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Detroit.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved over $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Detroit is your target objective, knowing the best ways to find and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Just remember that more quotes helps you find lower pricing.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Michigan. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Detroit, MI, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance statistics for a Mercury Mariner
The rate information shown next showcases a range of rate quotes for Mercury Mariner models. Having knowledge of how policy premiums are established can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$660||$1320||$792||$46||$238||$3,056||$255|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$660||$1556||$932||$56||$280||$3,484||$290|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$744||$1320||$792||$46||$238||$3,140||$262|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$744||$1556||$932||$56||$280||$3,568||$297|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mercury Mariner insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercury has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Mercury Mariner and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Michigan is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Never let your policy expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Michigan DMV.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Many companies apply discounts for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Smart shoppers get results
Budget-conscious Mercury Mariner insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Detroit, so get free Detroit car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of tips how to lower your Mercury Mariner insurance rates in Detroit. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Detroit car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When getting Detroit car insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High School Students in Detroit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Detroit? (FAQ)
- How Much Does Car Insurance Go Up After a Speeding Ticket? (DetroitInsure.com)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Detroit? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)