Do you want to save money by finding more competitive Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit? Trying to find low cost Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit can be very difficult for drivers who are beginners to online insurance quotes. Consumers have so many options that it can easily become a big hassle to find a more affordable company.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Detroit can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because car insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to save on car insurance.
Companies offering Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Michigan. In order to find the best auto insurance in MI, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance statistics for a Lincoln MKT
The premium information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Lincoln MKT models. Being aware of how insurance rates are determined helps drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$576||$1092||$882||$52||$264||$2,866||$239|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$636||$1256||$882||$52||$264||$3,090||$258|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Lincoln MKT annual premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Lincoln MKT insurance costs by age and gender
The diagram below compares Lincoln MKT insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheaper rates on Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit with these insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Detroit car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKT insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Michigan state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, good student, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, good student, teen driver, business and professional, multi-car, and early shopping.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, online quote, Switch & Save, defensive driver, multi-car, emergency road assistance, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, good driver, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple policy, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in Detroit. To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Michigan, click this link.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase prices – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Michigan motor vehicle department.
- Drive less and save – The more miles you rack up on your Lincoln in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated MKT can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Too many policy claims will drive prices up – Car insurance companies in Michigan award cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating – Many insurance companies will award discounts to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Car insurance liability protection limits – Liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance loss probability for a Lincoln MKT – Companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have higher losses will cost more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Lincoln MKT Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD 128 133 Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD 118 85 138 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Detroit.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Detroit who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Detroit who may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
- Advasure Insurance
13600 W 8 Mile Rd C – Detroit, MI 48205 – (313) 521-0300 – View Map
- Thomas L Whatley Agency Inc
14710 Puritan Ave – Detroit, MI 48227 – (313) 272-5955 – View Map
- Diebold Detroit Insurance Agency
1420 Broadway St #101 – Detroit, MI 48226 – (313) 964-3750 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Detroit who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kenya Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
20021 Kelly Rd – Detroit, MI 48225 – (313) 822-5948 – View Map
- Charlotte Knight – State Farm Insurance Agent
7100 W Seven Mile Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 340-9000 – View Map
- Jim Saucedo – State Farm Insurance Agent
5602 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 841-8100 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Detroit?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Shop smart and save
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We covered some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Detroit agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
How to buy affordable Lincoln MKT insurance in Detroit
The most effective way to get affordable Lincoln MKT insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Detroit.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on MKT insurance. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Be sure to put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Detroit Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)