Do you get overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance choices available to you? Many other people are too. There are so many options that it can really be a difficult challenge to find better premium rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Detroit. Lots of people think Detroit is a good city to live in, but trying to pay high insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to be able to buy decent coverage.
How to find low-cost Kia Spectra insurance in Detroit
The easiest way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Detroit. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Spectra insurance in Detroit. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Detroit could cut their rates by nearly 65% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Detroit seems hard but is not really that difficult. Basically, every vehicle owner who requires lower cost insurance should find a cheaper policy. But Michigan drivers must comprehend the way companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
Quote Detroit Kia Spectra insurance online
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find better pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Detroit, MI. If you want the best car insurance in MI, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Michigan
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Spectra in Detroit, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Michigan?
- Does my Kia Spectra need full coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 20/40/10 which means a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, attorney fees, structural damage, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Michigan requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, dental work, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Spectra from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Spectra to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Kia Spectra.
Since many Michigan drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, a broken windshield, damage from flooding, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Kia Spectra insurance in Detroit. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
How to save money on Kia Spectra insurance in Detroit
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount Kia Spectra insurance in Detroit is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Michigan. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Detroit. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Detroit Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)