Want to know how to find low-cost car insurance rates in Detroit, MI? Detroit buyers have options when searching for the best price on Honda Clarity insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Honda and get the lowest possible price either online or from Detroit insurance agents.
You need to quote other rates as often as possible because car insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Honda Clarity insurance in Detroit a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Cheap companies for Honda Clarity insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Michigan. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Detroit, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Learn How to Find Insurance More Affordably
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
The following are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Improve your credit history and save – Credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Honda Clarity by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Having a spouse equates to better costs – Having a significant other actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- High physical damage deductibles lower prices – The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive your Honda every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Clarity may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Extra policy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your Clarity policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Cheaper Detroit car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- Travelers discounts include early quote, driver training, new car, student away at school, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, good student, new graduate, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Detroit. To choose providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Detroit, follow this link.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Detroit.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Detroit who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Detroit auto insurance agents
When researching a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Detroit may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can handle insurance, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Detroit independent agencies that may be able to give pricing information.
- Thomas L Whatley Agency Inc
14710 Puritan Ave – Detroit, MI 48227 – (313) 272-5955 – View Map
- Kim-One Insurance Agency
11000 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 397-4198 – View Map
- Detroit L.A. Insurance
13545 W Seven Mile Rd – Detroit, MI 48235 – (313) 340-4444 – View Map
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Detroit that can give you comparison quotes.
- Anthony Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
23221 Plymouth Rd – Detroit, MI 48239 – (313) 533-2440 – View Map
- Charlotte Knight – State Farm Insurance Agent
7100 W Seven Mile Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 340-9000 – View Map
- State Farm – Eric Huffman
3031 W Grand Blvd #568 – Detroit, MI 48202 – (313) 875-3172 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Detroit should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
How much insurance do I need?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- If my Honda Clarity is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Be persistent to save money
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Honda Clarity insurance premium rates online in Detroit. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Detroit can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Detroit auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
How to buy lower priced Honda Clarity insurance in Detroit
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Detroit is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Michigan.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Clarity coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Detroit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Detroit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Detroit Car Insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Detroit Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Detroit, MI? (DetroitInsure.com)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)