Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Detroit? Price shopping your Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Detroit can seem to be slightly frustrating for people new to quoting and comparing prices online. With such a large number of online companies available, it can be a real difficult job to find cheaper Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Detroit insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Consumers should take time to compare prices occasionally because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Detroit six months ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Although Michigan consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Detroit, MI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total Accord Hybrid insurance premium.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Honda Accord Hybrid insurance quotes in Detroit, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance for Less
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Save by staying claim free – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Michigan give the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Insurance rates and driver gender – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Liability coverage risk factors – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Michigan motor vehicle department.
- Prevent theft and reduce auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive your Honda annually the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your auto insurance coverage shows the right rating data, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Accord Hybrid may be wasting your money.
Insurance loss data for a Honda Accord Hybrid – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years