How long has it been since you shopped around for lower-priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Detroit? Nobody I know anticipates paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons are inclined to move their business because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved about $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly Volkswagen Jetta insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make shopping around easier.
Steps to buying lower priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Detroit
Truthfully, the best way to get budget Volkswagen Jetta insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that sell auto insurance in Detroit. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives instructions to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Jetta insurance. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
With drivers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the best company.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons before your next renewal because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Detroit a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the proper way to find better coverage on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Detroit at a better price.
There are several ways to obtain and compare prices from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Volkswagen Jetta rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice only provided by licensed Detroit agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Detroit, MI. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Michigan, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of Volkswagen Jetta rates
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Volkswagen Jetta models. Having knowledge of how policy rates are figured is important for you to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$594||$1074||$690||$40||$206||$2,604||$217|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$594||$1074||$586||$34||$176||$2,464||$205|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$594||$1074||$690||$40||$206||$2,604||$217|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$670||$1264||$690||$40||$206||$2,870||$239|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$670||$1264||$586||$34||$176||$2,730||$228|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$670||$1264||$690||$40||$206||$2,870||$239|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$670||$1264||$690||$40||$206||$2,870||$239|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$670||$1264||$586||$34||$176||$2,730||$228|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cautious Detroit drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can impact Volkswagen Jetta premium costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below compares Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no written rule for excluding physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Jetta replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Save money by receiving discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could earn substantially lower prices.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Michigan state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not be offered in your area. To find providers that offer discounts in Michigan, click here.
Choosing Volkswagen vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Jetta insurance, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in Michigan but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jetta with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Comparing prices from local Detroit car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Detroit that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Detroit
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Detroit can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Detroit who can help you get comparison quotes.
Michelle Sims – State Farm Insurance Agent
24970 W Outer Dr – Lincoln Park, MI 48146 – (313) 928-1348 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are Detroit independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.