It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved about $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Detroit is why you’re reading this, then learning about how to compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
The best way we recommend to get budget Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Detroit is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Michigan.
- Read and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more details to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Detroit is easy for anyone as you just enter your required coverages into the form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Detroit makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to find the best rate.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies can provide quotes in Michigan. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Michigan, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Detroit insurance discounts for a Fiat 124 Spider
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Detroit car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better prices.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy cost.
If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Detroit, click here to view.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Detroit.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Featured below are Detroit independent agents that may be able to give you pricing information.
- L.A. Insurance Agency 150
14701 Mack Ave – Detroit, MI 48215 – (313) 884-8888 – View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
15607 Grand River Ave – Detroit, MI 48227 – (313) 835-4000 – View Map
- Detroit L.A. Insurance
13545 W Seven Mile Rd – Detroit, MI 48235 – (313) 340-4444 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Detroit that can give you price quotes.
- Angela Hughes – State Farm Insurance Agent
14511 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48235 – (313) 862-7800 – View Map
- Jim Saucedo – State Farm Insurance Agent
5602 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 841-8100 – View Map
- PD Dandnaik – State Farm Insurance Agent
W, 7725 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 554-1500 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Detroit?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Detroit?
If you get reasonable responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you can always cancel your coverage when you choose so don’t think that you are obligated to the insurance policy for any length of time.
Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Price Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance prices.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into rates.
Marriage can lower rates – Getting married may earn you lower rates on insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Car insurance liability coverage limits – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Michigan provide better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurers will award discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other Detroit 124 Spider insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have severe tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Low coverage deductibles mean high prices – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Fiat. Examples of covered claims are a dented fender, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Three good reasons to insure your 124 Spider
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 124 Spider insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Fiat 124 Spider, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your Fiat. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Fiat gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your 124 Spider outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Michigan is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Be persistent to save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
Lower-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Detroit is attainable on the web in addition to many Detroit insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Detroit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Detroit Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)