The best way we recommend to find low-cost Dodge Viper insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Detroit. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Detroit can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they changed companies.
The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process If you are insured now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Smart buyers just need to know the tricks to shop for insurance from multiple carriers.
Discount Detroit insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Detroit Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from Detroit attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Viper insurance rates with and without discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or accidents, Michigan state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, distant student, mature driver, youthful driver, good student, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- Esurance includes discounts for safety device, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, and online shopper.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, multiple policy, good driver, defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- Allstate may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, eSmart discount, anti-lock brakes, farm vehicle, and teenSMART discount.
If you need low cost Detroit auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in Detroit. If you would like to view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Michigan, click here.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Michigan. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Michigan, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of Dodge Viper rates
The premium table displayed below showcases different insurance costs for Dodge Viper models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are determined can benefit drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$876||$1630||$904||$54||$270||$3,734||$311|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$876||$1630||$904||$54||$270||$3,734||$311|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can affect premium rates substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Dodge Viper insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The chart below compares Dodge Viper insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Michigan. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no written rule to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Viper book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Detroit insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Detroit.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Detroit who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Detroit independent agencies who may be able to give you price quotes.
Thomas L Whatley Agency Inc
14710 Puritan Ave – Detroit, MI 48227 – (313) 272-5955 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Detroit exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Michelle Sims – State Farm Insurance Agent
24970 W Outer Dr – Lincoln Park, MI 48146 – (313) 928-1348 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Once you have received good feedback to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Viper resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Viper to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 20/40/10 which means $20,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $40,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, emergency aid, structural damage, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Michigan requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, dental work and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, fire damage, hail damage, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Viper.
Since many Michigan drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Michigan limits are 20/40/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
Budget-friendly insurance in Detroit is possible online in addition to many Detroit insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Detroit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)