Trying to find more affordable Volvo XC70 insurance in Detroit? Perplexed by the dozens of auto insurance providers in Detroit? Michigan people have so many providers to choose from that it can turn into a chore to find lower rates on Volvo XC70 insurance. If you live there, you know that Detroit is an awesome place to live, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates can make it hard to pay for enough auto insurance coverage.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. consumers could pocket almost 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to get lower rates using these tips. Obtaining price quotes for cheaper protection in Detroit is not as hard as you may think. But Michigan drivers need to have an understanding of how companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Save with these rate reducing discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Detroit auto insurance quote when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below compares Volvo XC70 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Michigan state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
The cheapest Detroit Volvo XC70 insurance
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Detroit, MI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Insurance data for a Volvo XC70
The coverage table below covers estimates of policy rates for Volvo XC70 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance quotes are calculated is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$460||$820||$1054||$62||$316||$2,712||$226|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$460||$944||$1054||$62||$316||$2,836||$236|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Detroit location which can raise or lower insurance rates considerably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can affect Volvo XC70 annual premium costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Is my Volvo XC70 covered for flood damage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Michigan?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Local insurance agents
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Detroit.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find local Detroit agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Detroit can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Detroit who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Michigan SR22 Insurance – Select Insurance Group
Atwater St – Detroit, MI 48226 – (877) 949-7873 – View Map
- Insurance Services of Michigan
615 Griswold St Griswold – Detroit, MI 48226 – (313) 963-7170 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
16119 W Warren Ave – Detroit, MI 48228 – (313) 582-1500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Detroit that can give you price quotes.
- Kenya Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
20021 Kelly Rd – Detroit, MI 48225 – (313) 822-5948 – View Map
- Anthony Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
23221 Plymouth Rd – Detroit, MI 48239 – (313) 533-2440 – View Map
- John Cash – State Farm Insurance Agent
19203 Grand River Ave – Detroit, MI 48223 – (313) 537-1200 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Detroit?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just learned many tips how you can compare Volvo XC70 insurance rates in Detroit. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Detroit can be found from both online companies and with local Detroit insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
How to find discount Volvo XC70 insurance in Detroit
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Detroit is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Michigan.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Michigan can be found at these links:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Detroit Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Detroit, MI? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)