If price shopping Detroit auto insurance quotes online is new to you, most likely you are overwhelmed thanks to all the different types of online insurance companies and websites all advertising big savings for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Detroit.
Steps to buying cheaper Lincoln MKZ insurance in Detroit
The best way we recommend to find affordable auto insurance rates in Detroit is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Michigan.
First, try to understand how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved an average of $860 a year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. Comparing rates for the lowest cost policy in Detroit is not as confusing as people think. But Michigan car owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell online.
When looking for cheaper Detroit auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from many available auto insurance companies in Michigan. The simplest method to find the lowest Lincoln MKZ rates consists of shopping online. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Michigan. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Discounts for affordable insurance rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKZ premium costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Michigan state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-theft, air bags, and defensive driver.
- MetLife has savings for good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driving training, good student, driver’s education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-car, professional/association, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, early bird, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, student driver, and teen driver.
- Allstate has discounts for auto/life discount, good payer, eSmart discount, good student, resident student, and anti-lock brakes.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Detroit. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Detroit, click this link.
Data for Lincoln MKZ insurance
The data table shown below covers a range of insurance costs for Lincoln MKZ models. Being aware of how premiums are calculated can be of help when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$364||$882||$944||$56||$282||$2,528||$211|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$364||$882||$944||$56||$282||$2,528||$211|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Lincoln MKZ insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Detroit car insurance rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Lincoln MKZ auto insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKZ annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Michigan. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Lincoln MKZ replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Detroit Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Keep the miles off and save – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated MKZ is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Some companies afford a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Youthful drivers in Michigan are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Women pay lower premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below compares Lincoln MKZ car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Lincoln MKZ insurance loss statistics – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Lincoln MKZ vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD||137||85||107||95||89||75|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD||140||82||126||99|
|Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr||148||84||100||74||82||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need help from an insurance agency
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Detroit.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Detroit auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Below is a list of auto insurance companies in Detroit that are able to give rate quotes for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Detroit.
- Cosby Insurance Agy and Financial Services
10140 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 864-3285 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ago Benavides
3570 W Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48216 – (313) 849-2000 – View Map
- C B Irwin Insurance
2357 W Grand Blvd – Detroit, MI 48208 – (313) 894-2144 – View Map
- Detroit Insurance and Services
7752 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 843-2730 – View Map
Deciding on a provider requires more thought than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
After getting good feedback to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an provider that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. Just remember it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy at any point so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for any length of time.
Persistence will pay off
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Lincoln MKZ insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
How to buy cheaper Lincoln MKZ insurance in Detroit
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost Lincoln MKZ insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Detroit.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a negative credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Detroit, MI? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)