Want cheaper auto insurance rates in Detroit, MI? Detroit shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Kia Soul EV insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes on a Kia and find the lowest possible price.
Cheap companies for Kia Soul EV insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Michigan. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in MI, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
To find providers with discount auto insurance rates in Detroit, click this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Detroit?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Detroit.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Detroit car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When finding local Detroit agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive. Either type can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Detroit who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
- Detroit L.A. Insurance
13545 W Seven Mile Rd – Detroit, MI 48235 – (313) 340-4444 – View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
15607 Grand River Ave – Detroit, MI 48227 – (313) 835-4000 – View Map
- Diebold Detroit Insurance Agency
1420 Broadway St #101 – Detroit, MI 48226 – (313) 964-3750 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Detroit willing to provide rate quotes.
- PD Dandnaik – State Farm Insurance Agent
W, 7725 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 554-1500 – View Map
- Jim Saucedo – State Farm Insurance Agent
5602 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 841-8100 – View Map
- Kenya Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
20021 Kelly Rd – Detroit, MI 48225 – (313) 822-5948 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Detroit, get answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How many companies do they write for?
Upon getting good responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Persistence will pay off
A few companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Detroit can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to buying lower priced Kia Soul EV insurance in Detroit
The best way to get the cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance in Detroit is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Michigan. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)