The easiest way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Detroit.
First, read about coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for additional tips to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare price quotes will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Detroit is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get pricing online. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Detroit can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, their quoting system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price. This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the lowest payment on car insurance.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Michigan. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Detroit, MI, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD in Detroit, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rate information and statistics
The data table displayed below covers estimates of rate quotes for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Learning how policy rates are calculated is important to be able to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$470||$964||$976||$58||$292||$2,760||$230|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$470||$964||$976||$58||$292||$2,760||$230|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$470||$838||$780||$46||$234||$2,368||$197|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$518||$838||$780||$46||$234||$2,416||$201|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$518||$964||$780||$46||$234||$2,542||$212|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$518||$964||$780||$46||$234||$2,542||$212|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can affect Chevy Silverado 3500HD yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Detroit may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Michigan state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in Detroit.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Silverado 3500HD is worth?
- Is my Chevy Silverado 3500HD covered for flood damage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.