Cutting costs on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Detroit can be hard for drivers new to online rate comparisons. With so many insurance agents and companies, it can easily become a big hassle to lower your prices on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around are highly likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Detroit is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to compare coverages can help make the process easier.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Buying the best coverage in Detroit is not as time-consuming as you think. But Michigan consumers should learn how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting a better price. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Detroit, MI. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Detroit, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Detroit
Some companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Detroit car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Optima Hybrid insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Detroit Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Detroit can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Detroit car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view insurance companies with the best discounts in Detroit, click here to view.
You may want advice from an agent
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Detroit.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Detroit who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below are Detroit insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Detroit.
- C B Irwin Insurance
2357 W Grand Blvd – Detroit, MI 48208 – (313) 894-2144 – View Map
- Jim Saucedo – State Farm Insurance Agent
5602 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 841-8100 – View Map
- Detroit Insurance and Services
7752 Vernor Hwy – Detroit, MI 48209 – (313) 843-2730 – View Map
- Cosby Insurance Agy and Financial Services
10140 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48221 – (313) 864-3285 – View Map
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a low price. A good agent in Detroit will have answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Detroit?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does their agency support local causes in Detroit?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your prices.
Lower premiums with continuous insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Michigan motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Is your car built for speed? – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums are usually for economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
An active policy claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies in Michigan generally give the lowest premiums to people who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Male premiums may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males get in accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of insurance companies allow a discount to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare Kia Optima Hybrid rates in Detroit to verify if the discount is saving money.
More traffic means higher claims – Residing in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Low comp and collision deductibles mean high premiums – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Optima Hybrid – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Optima Hybrid in Detroit, insurance is required in Michigan but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your Kia Optima Hybrid and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Low-cost Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Detroit can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Steps to saving money on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Detroit
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide car insurance in Detroit. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Optima Hybrid coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Detroit Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Detroit Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes in Detroit, MI? (DetroitInsure.com)
- How Much Does Car Insurance Go Up After a Speeding Ticket? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)