If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Detroit.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional ideas to get cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in America could save as much as $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Companies offering competitive Jeep Compass rate quotes in Detroit, MI
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Detroit, MI. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Michigan, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The table displayed below outlines different policy rates for Jeep Compass models. Having insight into how policy premiums are established can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$318||$572||$932||$56||$280||$2,158||$180|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$366||$696||$932||$56||$280||$2,330||$194|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$366||$696||$932||$56||$280||$2,330||$194|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$366||$696||$932||$56||$280||$2,330||$194|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Jeep Compass insurance premiums for different age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Detroit
The information below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Compass premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Michigan. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Compass settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Get cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Detroit with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Compass may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Michigan state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need the cheapest Jeep Compass rate quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Michigan, click here.
How You Can Control Jeep Compass Insurance Premiums
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Companies in Michigan give the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Gender and car insurance costs – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Having a spouse can lower costs – Being married actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Jeep in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Compass is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your policy is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Cautious drivers have lower costs – Only having one driving citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below shows how violations and accident claims increase Jeep Compass insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Jeep Compass claim statistics – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Jeep Compass vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Jeep Compass Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD 87 135 58 128 124 142 Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD 76 114 63 99 107 106BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a local Detroit insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Detroit who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How are claims handled?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
When searching for a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Detroit can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Detroit that are able to give comparison quotes.
Tony Massey – State Farm Insurance Agent
15 E Kirby St #112 – Detroit, MI 48202 – (313) 873-3334 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below are Detroit independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Detroit Auto Insurance
620 Woodward Ave – Detroit, MI 48226 – (517) 618-1693 – View Map
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
More affordable auto insurance in Detroit is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Detroit agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When you buy Detroit car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Detroit? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Detroit? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)