It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Michigan could save an average of 65% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura NSX insurance in Detroit is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Michigan. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding and buying the cheapest protection in Detroit is not that difficult. Shoppers just need to know the best way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
Most larger insurance companies give prices for coverage directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Acura NSX insurance in Detroit is quite simple as you simply type in your required coverages on the page. Once entered, their rating system gets credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get quotes for Acura NSX insurance in Detroit makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to perform this step if you want to get the lowest auto insurance rates.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Michigan. To locate the best auto insurance in Michigan, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Car insurance is not optional in Michigan
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Detroit, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura NSX with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Michigan overpays more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better insurance rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Liability insurance risk factors – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Safer cars mean better insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Only buy coverage you need – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel generally pay the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like actors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on NSX insurance in Detroit.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Detroit, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Detroit.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Detroit that can provide free Detroit auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Detroit car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents in Detroit are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Detroit that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Cagwin Insurance Agency
3031 W Grand Blvd #320 – Detroit, MI 48202 – (313) 875-9147 – View Map
- Michigan Basic Property Insurance
3245 E Jefferson Ave – Detroit, MI 48207 – (313) 877-7400 – View Map
- Advasure Insurance
13600 W 8 Mile Rd C – Detroit, MI 48205 – (313) 521-0300 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Detroit that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kenya Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
20021 Kelly Rd – Detroit, MI 48225 – (313) 822-5948 – View Map
- Tony Massey – State Farm Insurance Agent
15 E Kirby St #112 – Detroit, MI 48202 – (313) 873-3334 – View Map
- John Cash – State Farm Insurance Agent
19203 Grand River Ave – Detroit, MI 48223 – (313) 537-1200 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Detroit should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long has their agency been open in Detroit?
- How are they compensated?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
One last thing to lower rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Acura NSX insurance in Detroit is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Michigan is available at the links below
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)