It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Hyundai Tucson insurance is to compare prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Detroit. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American insurance shoppers could save almost 46.5% a year, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Detroit is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Smart buyers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare company rates using one simple form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Michigan. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Michigan, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Hyundai Tucson insurance analysis
The table displayed below outlines different insurance policy prices for Hyundai Tucson models. Having insight into how insurance policy rates are established can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$278||$456||$704||$42||$210||$1,690||$141|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$320||$456||$704||$42||$210||$1,732||$144|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$320||$554||$704||$42||$210||$1,830||$153|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$320||$554||$704||$42||$210||$1,830||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes greatly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can increase Hyundai Tucson car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Detroit, insuring your vehicle is required in Michigan but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Tucson has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Michigan is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine rates.
Older drivers are lower risk – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following data uses these variables: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Hyundai Tucson policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Where do you drive? – The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Tucson is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage.
Raise your physical damage deductibles for better costs – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Hyundai. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Hyundai Tucson has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Why do you need liability coverage? – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
A policy lapse is a bad thing – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Michigan DMV.
Costs also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. They both cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The information below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Tucson premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance loss data for Hyundai Tucson vehicles – Insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the loss history for Hyundai Tucson vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Tucson 4dr 2WD||80||96||66||108||110||101|
|Hyundai Tucson 4dr 4WD||82||102||70||109||109||109|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Detroit?
Some providers don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current Tucson insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Detroit auto insurance quote.
- Driving Data Discount – Detroit drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Detroit is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Tucson insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Michigan state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
Double check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in your area.
Compare rates but buy from a local Detroit insurance agency
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Detroit who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is there a local claims center in Detroit?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Michigan?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Detroit?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you’re trying to find a local Detroit insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Detroit may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Detroit that can give you price quote information.
- Michelle Sims – State Farm Insurance Agent
24970 W Outer Dr – Lincoln Park, MI 48146 – (313) 928-1348 – View Map
- Angela Hughes – State Farm Insurance Agent
14511 W McNichols Rd – Detroit, MI 48235 – (313) 862-7800 – View Map
- Kenya Wells – State Farm Insurance Agent
20021 Kelly Rd – Detroit, MI 48225 – (313) 822-5948 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Detroit willing to provide rate quotes.
- Diebold Detroit Insurance Agency
1420 Broadway St #101 – Detroit, MI 48226 – (313) 964-3750 – View Map
- Woodward Insurance
1529 Woodward Ave – Detroit, MI 48226 – (313) 962-6200 – View Map
- Clark Insurance Agency
2711 E Jefferson Ave #206 – Detroit, MI 48207 – (313) 259-6600 – View Map
One last note
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
When you buy Detroit auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Hyundai Tucson insurance in Detroit is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Detroit, so you need to quote Detroit auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester in Detroit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Detroit Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High School Students in Detroit? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Detroit? (DetroitInsure.com)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)