The recommended way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Detroit.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if cheaper Eos coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved over $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for Volkswagen Eos insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of the best way to compare coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
All the larger car insurance companies allow you to get prices on the web. Getting online rates for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Detroit is possible for anyone as you just type in your required coverages into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information. Quoting online for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Detroit streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to find the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Michigan. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Volkswagen Eos insurance rates and statistics
The rate table displayed next showcases detailed analysis of prices for Volkswagen Eos models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are figured can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$518||$1038||$780||$46||$234||$2,616||$218|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$518||$1038||$780||$46||$234||$2,616||$218|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Michigan minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Detroit
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Eos yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Eos replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Lower-cost Detroit car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Detroit car insurance online.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Detroit car insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up before your current Eos insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below compares Volkswagen Eos insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Michigan state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, good student, federal employee, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers has savings for driver training, save driver, multi-car, payment discounts, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, multi-car, safety features, multi-policy, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, early bird, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Savings may not be offered everywhere. To find insurance companies with discount rates in Michigan, click this link.
Car insurance is not optional in Michigan
Even though Detroit Eos insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Michigan these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Eos, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Volkswagen Eos and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Michigan is overpaying more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
When to get advice from an agent
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Detroit.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Detroit who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Detroit who can help you get price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Detroit willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Michigan?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.